EQL TRAINING CENTRE, CAIRNS
The building is an adaptive reuse of the original steam power station for Cairns built in 1925. This building was subsequently converted into an electrical power station in 1950 before its recent reincarnation as a Training Centre.
The refurbishment retained the original structure as a heritage feature within the building that incorporates technical trade training spaces, classrooms, meeting rooms and administrative support areas.
MAL Engineers team members undertook the structural and civil design and documentation for the building and the wider site development.